6,835,000 pageviews


Monday, August 4, 2014

Criminal Justice Quote: Cop Shoots Dog Then Delays the Pet Medical Care

     A Georgia man said he was threatened with jail time if he tried to treat his dog after a police officer shot the animal in the throat. Tim Theall said that Doctor, his 9-year-old German Shepherd, ran to the front of his house after being let into the backyard on the evening of July 24, 2014. "And before I turned the corner of the house, I heard two shots. I heard a cop say, 'Holy [expletive].' "

     Doctor caught a DeKalb County police officer off guard as he investigated a false house alarm call. Theall said he was less angry about the shooting since the officer was surprised by the dog. But he was upset over the officer's refusal to let him and his wife take their pet for medical treatment for more than an hour.

     "No steps were taken by the DeKalb police whatsoever to save my dog's life," Theall said. "The dog was still alive, clearly bleeding like crazy and the police officer blocked my exit. Finally he convinced me that I would be thrown into jail if I didn't stay where I was."

      Doctor did receive treatment and survived the bullet wound.

Chuck Ross, "Man Says Police Wouldn't Let Him Help His Dog After They Shot It," The Daily Caller, July 26, 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment