6,835,000 pageviews


Saturday, February 3, 2018

Thornton P. Knowles On Daydreaming

I'm a daydreamer, have been for as long as I can remember. When people ask me where I get my ideas for my novels, I tell them I don't know, they just come to me. Truth is, I get my ideas from daydreaming. My most intense daydreaming comes when I'm bored. During my four years in college, the most boring years of my life, I daydreamed a lot of good things. My best thoughts came in class while I pretended to listen to my professors. So what did I get out of college besides my diploma? I ended up with book titles, snatches of dialogue, character names, descriptions, settings, plots, scenes, themes and publishing fantasies. I don't know if being a committed daydreamer makes me mildly insane, or just odd. I don't care because I prefer living in my own mind over living in the real world. You could say I lead a double life, even a triple life since I'm a heavy night dreamer as well. I guess I am insane, and not mildly.

Thornton P. Knowles

No comments:

Post a Comment